Gateway High School is looking for volunteers to support the College Counseling program. Gateway's College Counseling program helps ensure that all students successfully navigate the college preparation and admissions process.
There are several events and classes that we are in need of volunteer support this semester:
- October 25 from 5-7 PM: Financial Aid Night (for FAFSA and the California Dream Act) Volunteers
Volunteers will be paired with families to start working through online applications. Experience with FAFSA or Dream Act is ideal. Spanish speaking volunteer support is especially needed.
- Ongoing: College Counseling Classroom Volunteers
Help students with writing their personal statements and completing college applications.We are looking for volunteers who are available to consistently volunteer on the same day/time for an extended period of time. Support is needed:
- Tuesdays: 8:15 - 9:50 am
- Wednesdays: 8:15 - 9:50 am or 1:00 - 2:30 pm
- Thursdays: 9:55 - 11:30 am
- Fridays: 9:05 - 10:40 am or 12:20 - 1:55 pm
If interested, please email Rachel Kamen, Gateway Public Schools Director of Partnerships at email@example.com.