We know that applying for a new role can be stressful. Let us ease some of that anxiety by walking you through our hiring process, so you can focus on bringing your best self to your interview.
Get Ready to Shine
1. Submit your application, including your cover letter and resume. Make sure that you are submitting your application to the correct email address; the middle school and high school use different emails.
2. Strong applicants will be invited to an initial phone or Zoom interview to learn more about you and your interest in teaching at Gateway. You will also have a chance to ask questions and learn more about Gateway and our school.
3. The most promising candidates from initial interviews will be invited to come to school for an in-person interview and to teach a demo lesson. Candidates will teach a 30-45 minute demo lesson, followed by a group interview with teachers and school leaders. Candidates should expect to reflect on their demo lesson and to answer questions from the team. Teams will take notes and will review candidates using a scoring rubric to maintain objectivity.
4. If all goes well, Gateway will check your references and make you an offer about a week after your final interview. Congrats! We’re excited to have you join us.
- Submit your application, including your cover letter and any additional documentation requested in the job description. Make sure you address any and all prompts from the job description in your cover letter, and that you are submitting your application to the correct email address.
- Strong applicants will be invited to a 30-minute phone interview to go over the basics of the role, your interest in the position, and what it will take for someone to be successful in the role. You will also have a chance to ask questions about the position.
- Depending on the role, candidates may or may not be asked to complete a work project to demonstrate their practical skills for the position. You may be compensated for your time if the project is considerably involved.
- The most promising candidates from the phone screen and/or work project will be invited to an in-person interview if possible, or Zoom interview if not. Candidates should expect to answer questions from several Gateway employees and their responses will be recorded on a scoring rubric to maintain objectivity.
- On occasion, top candidates may be brought back for a third conversation to meet with key Gateway leaders before moving forward.
- Gateway will check your references and, if all goes well, make you an offer about a week after your final interview. Congrats! We’re excited to have you join us.