Gateway Middle School, a public charter school in San Francisco, is seeking an innovative Middle School Spanish teacher. Gateway Middle School is committed to helping each student – regardless of learning style or previous academic achievement – learn the skills, habits and knowledge necessary for success in college and beyond.
Temporary Spanish Teacher Responsibilities:
- Teach Exploratory Spanish to 7th and 8th grade students, a year-long course focused on helping students learn Spanish as a second language
- Teach Heritage Spanish to 7th and 8th grade students, a year-long course focused on developing literacy, speaking skills for students who are native Spanish speakers or students who attended bilingual elementary schools
- Teach 6th grade Spanish, exposing all 6th graders to the Spanish program
- Commitment to Gateway's mission is essential, including a desire to work with a diverse student body
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and parents
- Proficient reading, writing and speaking Spanish
- Experience teaching Spanish to youth
To Apply: Please send a resume and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Gateway Middle School
Attn: Hiring Manager
1512 Golden Gate Ave.
San Francisco, CA 94115
Gateway Middle School supports and challenges all students to discover their unique potential, actively participate in their community, and develop skills and habits to achieve excellence in high school and college.