Gateway High School is committed to helping each student—regardless of learning style or previous academic achievement—gain the skills, habits and knowledge necessary for success in college and beyond.
Key Characteristics of Gateway High School:
- A small school where all students are known well and supported to achieve at high levels
- A diverse student body that is supported to be active partners in their education
- A strong commitment to and respect for diversity and difference
- An innovative and challenging curriculum that engages students and excites them about learning
- A supportive adult community characterized by continuous learning, reflection and collaboration
- A faculty who believe that all students learn differently and who vary their approaches to meet individuals’ needs
Temporary Biology Teacher Responsibilities Include:
- With support from the science department planning teams, teach two blocks of interactive Biology.
- With support from the Advisory coordinator, serve as an Advisor for 18 students.
- Commitment to Gateway's mission, including a desire to work with a diverse student body
- Desire to be part of building the larger school culture and community
- Current California single subject credential in science
- Bilingual candidates and candidates of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply: Please e-mail, send or fax the following information:
- Your resume and a cover letter commenting on your understanding of and commitment to Gateway's mission
- Three letters of recommendation
- Proof of a CA teaching credential or information indicating your eligibility to receive one
- Optional: A lesson plan or other materials indicative of your educational philosophy
Gateway High School
Attn: Hiring Manager
1430 Scott St.
San Francisco, CA 94115
Gateway’s Mission: Gateway High School is a model, college preparatory charter school committed to academic excellence through personalized, student-centered learning. Gateway combines a rigorous academic program with an approach where the individual talents and strengths of its students are identified and supported. Working with teachers committed to our mission, Gateway students will acquire the skills, habits, and knowledge necessary for academic and personal success in college and in adult life.
For more information about Gateway High School, please visit our website at www.gatewayhigh.org