Gateway Middle School, a public charter school in San Francisco, is seeking a full-time paraprofessional. Gateway Middle School is committed to helping each student – regardless of learning style or previous academic achievement – learn the skills, habits and knowledge necessary for success in college and beyond.
Key Characteristics of Gateway Middle School:
- A small school where all students are known well and supported to achieve at high levels
- A strong commitment to and respect for diversity and difference
- An emphasis on four core values and restorative practices to develop positive relationships and community
- A faculty who believes that all students learn differently and who vary their approaches to meet individuals’ needs
- A supportive adult community characterized by continuous learning, reflection and collaboration
- Work under the direction of the 7th grade Learning Specialist and content area teachers to support students across classes.
- Meet with students in small groups and/or 1:1 to support their progress.
- Supervise students during lunch and free times.
- Collaborate with teachers for professional development.
- Perform other responsibilities as may be assigned by the supervisor or principal.
- Maintain flexibility in day-to-day priorities set to reflect changing school needs.
- Commitment to Gateway's mission is essential, including a desire to work with a diverse student body
- Passion for working with youth and ability to engage students in learning
- Experience working with middle school students preferred
- Strong communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with colleagues
- Interest in teaching math and training to become a teacher highly desired (intern position)
- Bilingual candidates and candidates of color are strongly encouraged to apply
- Hourly position of 30 hours per week.
- SFUSD rate of approximately $22 per hour (depending on qualifications)
To Apply: Please e-mail or send the following:
- Your resume, a cover letter, and 3 references (name, relationship, and contact information)
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they met every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of our qualifications described.
Gateway Middle School
1512 Golden Gate Ave.
San Francisco, CA 94115
Gateway Middle School supports and challenges all students to discover their unique potential, actively participate in their community, and develop skills and habits to achieve excellence in high school and college.
For more information about Gateway Middle School, please visit our website at www.gatewaymiddle.org