Gateway Middle School, a public charter school in San Francisco, is seeking a Part-Time Campus Supervisor. Gateway Middle School is committed to helping each student – regardless of learning style or previous academic achievement – learn the skills, habits and knowledge necessary for success in college and beyond.
Key Characteristics of Gateway Middle School:
- A small, diverse school where all students are known well and supported to achieve at high levels
- A strong commitment to and respect for diversity and difference
- An emphasis on four core values and restorative practices to develop positive relationships and community
- A faculty who believes that all students learn differently and who vary their approaches to meet individuals’ needs
- A supportive adult community characterized by continuous learning, reflection and collaboration
Campus Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Under supervision of a principal or assistant principal, circulates in school building and adjacent areas of school to support positive student behavior and maintain safety of the campus;
- Assists administrative staff in maintaining orderly conduct during school hours and notifies the school principal or designee of situations that may result in disturbances;
- Interacts with students to support positive behavior and on-time attendance in classes;
- Serves upon occasion, after hours, at special school events;
- Acts quickly, effectively, tactfully, and maturely in emergencies;
- Positively relates to and works with all individuals within the culturally diverse environment of Gateway;
- Deals fairly and respectfully with and maintains effective communication with staff, students and families;
- Nature of duties requires considerable walking and standing and employee performs duties of job without close supervision;
- Commitment to Gateway's mission is essential, including a desire to work with a diverse student body
- Experience working with youth required; experience with middle school age students preferred
- Ability to work collaboratively with staff and involved parent body
- Knowledge of youth development, community relations, and problems facing minority youth in San Francisco;
- Availability between 10:45am-3:45pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and from 10:45am-1:45pm on Wednesdays. School year begins on August 19, 2019.
- Bilingual candidates and candidates of color are strongly encouraged to apply
- Hourly position for approximately 22 hours per week
- $16-$21/hour, based on experience
To Apply: Please e-mail a resume, cover letter and three work-related references to email@example.com.
Gateway Middle School
Attn: Hiring Manager
1512 Golden Gate Ave.
San Francisco, CA 94115
Gateway Middle School supports and challenges all students to discover their unique potential, actively participate in their community, and develop skills and habits to achieve excellence in high school and college.