Gateway High School is committed to helping each student—regardless of learning style or previous academic achievement—gain the skills, habits and knowledge necessary for post-secondary success. Foundational to our approach is a commitment to anti-racist practices that address white supremacy in our society and in our institutions.
Key Characteristics of Gateway High School:
- A small school where all students are known well and supported to achieve at high levels
- A diverse student body that is supported to be active partners in their education
- A strong commitment to and respect for diversity and difference
- An innovative and challenging curriculum that engages students and excites them about learning
- A supportive adult community characterized by continuous learning, reflection and collaboration-- particularly around anti-racist and culturally responsive practices.
- A staff who believe that all students learn differently and who vary their approaches to meet individuals’ needs
Gateway’s Student Support Coordinator will work to support students’ academic, wellness, and behavioral success through coordination of health services, resources, and intervention. The Student Support Coordinator collaborates closely with parents/families, teachers and the student support team in support of student wellness and school culture through the use of Restorative Practices and Positive Behavior Intervention and Supports (PBIS).
The strongest candidates will have:
- A strong record of managing organizational change and initiating key innovations
- Ability to work effectively across multiple functions and roles within a complex organization and in collaboration with government agencies and community-based organizations
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective working relationships with colleagues
- Experience and success with effective written and verbal communication, facilitation and presentations to large groups and a variety of audiences
- Ability to work effectively in difficult situations that involve confidential and sensitive matters
- Strong computer skills including Google Suite
Student Support Coordinator Responsibilities:
Student Support Office (SSO) Coordination and Supervision
- Maintain a consistent presence in the SSO, especially during open hours.
- Manage all SSO correspondence and triage intake of students, including management of calendars for service provider meeting locations
- Manage the Student Support Office space, ensuring available resources, organization, and systems for student use to ensure an orderly flow
- Communicate regularly with administration and student support team
- Provide student supervision before school, at lunch, during passing periods, and after school
- Outreach and communication with parents/guardians
- Participate on the Response to Intervention (RTI) Team
- Collaborate with the Dean of Students to support students with resolving conflicts through the use of restorative practices
- Support students with behavioral goals through PBIS strategies
- Develop and coordinate a peer-led programming in collaboration with support staff (Peer Mentoring, Safe School Ambassadors, Youth Outreach Workers, etc.)
- Provide case management support, including substance use intervention, Title IX training, health education and prevention, and more
Wellness Resources and Support
- Serve as a point person for wellness resources and referrals, both site-based and off-campus
- Coordinate with Community Based Organizations to outsource student/family referrals
- Collaborate closely with RTI members, as well as Director of Counseling and Student Interventionist to ensure referral follow up
- Maintain and/or compile current resource list of CBOs on and off school site including contact information and program description.
- Build working relationships with CBO personnel and become familiar with services provided by CBOs.
- Gather, organize, distribute and/or develop youth friendly handouts that highlight services of CBOs (some may be obtained from CBOs).
- Collaborate with the Director of Counseling to provide on site CBOs with orientation to school and SSO.
- Manage various student tracking systems through Google Drive and PowerSchool
- Support RTI team and administration with aspects of student intervention and student activities
- Ensure classrooms have necessary supplies throughout the school year
- Provide assistance related to documentation and data-collection necessary for coordination of the SSO and for funding reports
- Assist with forms and documents necessary for referral and tracking of students
- Commitment to Gateway's mission is essential, including a desire to work with a diverse student body
- Ability to multi-task and triage in a fast-paced environment
- Desire to work collaboratively with colleagues and parents/guardians and to be part of building the larger school culture and community
- Initiative, flexibility and creativity to build upon a growing program
- Experience working with high school students in an urban public school highly preferred
- Bilingual candidates and candidates of color are strongly encouraged to apply
To Apply: Please e-mail, send or fax the following:
- Your resume and a cover letter addressing your understanding of and commitment to Gateway’s unique mission.
- Three professional references.
Gateway High School
Attn: Hiring Manager
1430 Scott St.
San Francisco, CA 94115
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they met every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of our qualifications described.
Gateway’s Mission: Gateway High School is a model, college preparatory charter school committed to academic excellence through personalized, student-centered learning. Gateway combines a rigorous academic program with an approach where the individual talents and strengths of its students are identified and supported. Working with teachers committed to our mission, Gateway students will acquire the skills, habits, and knowledge necessary for academic and personal success in college and in adult life.
For more information about Gateway High School, please visit our website at www.gatewayhigh.org
SALARY RANGE AND BENEFITS
The salary range for this position is $60,000-$68,000 plus benefits. GPS offers an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance (employee premiums covered by Gateway and additional stipends for dependents), life insurance, six weeks paid vacation, ten sick days, and 15 paid holidays, professional development opportunities, a retirement savings plan with employer match, onsite parking, and, if qualified, student loan repayment support.