Gateway High School is committed to helping each student—regardless of learning style or previous academic achievement—gain the skills, habits and knowledge necessary for success in college and beyond.
Key Characteristics of Gateway High School:
- A small school where all students are known well and supported to achieve at high levels
- A diverse student body that is supported to be active partners in their education
- A strong commitment to and respect for diversity and difference
- An innovative and challenging curriculum that engages students and excites them about learning
- A supportive adult community characterized by continuous learning, reflection and collaboration
- A faculty who believe that all students learn differently and who vary their approaches to meet individuals’ needs
Gateway’s Student Support Coordinator will work to support students’ academic and behavioral success through coordination of wellness services, resources, and intervention. The Student Support Coordinator collaborates closely with teachers and the student support team in support of student wellness and school culture through the use of Restorative Practices and Positive Behavior Intervention and Supports (PBIS).
Student Support Coordinator responsibilities:
Student Support Office (SSO) Coordination and Supervision
- Manage all SSO correspondence and triage intake of students
- Communicate regularly with administration and student support team
- Support students with de-escalation and coping skills
- Provide student supervision before school, at lunch, during passing periods, and after school
- Outreach and communication with parents/guardians
- Participate on the Response to Intervention (RTI) Team
Restorative Practices/Behavior Management Support
- Collaborate with stakeholders to support students with resolving conflicts and reaching behavioral goals.
Wellness Resources and Support
- Serve as a point person for wellness resources, both site-based and off-campus.
- Coordinate with Community Based Organizations to outsource student/family referrals
- Manage various student tracking systems through Google Drive and PowerSchool
- Support RTI team and administration with aspects of student intervention and student activities
- Ensure classrooms have necessary supplies throughout the school year
- Commitment to Gateway's mission is essential, including a desire to work with a diverse student body
- Ability to multi-task and triage in a fast-paced environment
- Desire to work collaboratively with colleagues and parents/guardians and to be part of building the larger school culture and community
- Initiative, flexibility and creativity to build upon a growing program
- Experience working with high school students in an urban public school highly preferred
- Bilingual candidates and candidates of color are strongly encouraged to apply
Please e-mail, fill out the form below, send, or fax the following:
- Your resume and a cover letter addressing your understanding of and commitment to Gateway’s unique mission.
- Three letters of recommendation and/or professional references.
Gateway High School
Attn: Hiring Manager
1430 Scott St.
San Francisco, CA 94115
Gateway High School is a model, college preparatory charter school committed to academic excellence through personalized, student-centered learning. Gateway combines a rigorous academic program with an approach where the individual talents and strengths of its students are identified and supported. Working with teachers committed to our mission, Gateway students will acquire the skills, habits, and knowledge necessary for academic and personal success in college and in adult life.